Roles on Ancar are mainly lore-based or canonical characters that have been added onto the server for roleplay and immersion purposes. Every role has a different set of criteria based on your alignment with respective factions or cultural blocs; after these criteria are satisfied, a staff member will give you the role and provide the necessary benefits and perks to the player.
Which Effects do Roles give?
Some give you Lore Weapons, others other Kinds of Gear and Items, but just some give "Enchantments" to the Players, like in the Cases of the Nazgûl Rings, you get Strength, Regeneration, and Night Vision.
Available and Taken Roles
- Sauron: Taken by JARANO (1500 Alignment with all Evil Factions, excluding Isengard & Dunland)
Sauron role is bound to the throne of Mordor, so if the current sauron loses the Mordor kingship due to a civil war, he also loses the role. Sauron can bring armies to evil side defensive wars, even if they do not border.
Sauron can NOT use mounts in battles
- The Witch-King Murazor: Taken by Ninless (+1000 Alignment with all Orcish factions, excluding Isengard & Dunland, Sauron's Approval)
- Nazgûl 1: Khamûl: Taken by NONE (2000 with Mordor, Sauron's Approval)
- Nazgûl 2: Hoarmurath: Taken by Kapucyn83 (2000 with Mordor, Sauron's Approval)
- Nazgûl 3: Indur: Taken by Ravannn (2000 with Mordor, Sauron's Approval)
- Nazgûl 4: Khorahil: Taken by Lukaslop2315 (2000 with Mordor, Sauron's Approval)
- Nazgûl 5: Uvathar: Taken by okej (2000 with Mordor, Sauron's Approval)
- Nazgûl 6: Ren: Taken by Emerald_Minestar (2000 with Mordor, Sauron's Approval)
- Nazgûl 7: Adûnabeth: Taken by TheBetaOwl (2000 with Mordor, Sauron's Approval)
- Nazgûl 8: Dwarr: Taken by Forwe (2000 with Mordor, Sauron's Approval)
Each nazgul gets a bound ring.
Note: Only players allied to Mordor, or the empire ruled by sauron, can become nazguls. Factions inside sauron's empire and mordor are counted by default.
- Saruman: Taken by LordVlagezda (2000 Alignment with just Isengard and Dunland) // Saruman can have armies in battles if the ruler allows
Saruman cannot be banned nor kicked from Isengard by the ruler. Saruman is bound to both Isengard & Evil.
- Gandalf: Taken by Tarmackhippo (800 with all Free Peoples Factions) // Gandalf can use armies in battle if the ruler allows
- Radagast: Taken by NONE (800 with all Free Peoples Factions) // Radagast can use armies in battle if the ruler allows
Both Gandalf & Radagast are bound to the Free Peoples.
Gandalf can NOT use mounts in battles unless he take the Saddle of Shadowfax with him but if he does he isn't allowed to use blue balls.
- Alatar: Taken by DefenderofChina (Either 2000 with Dale OR 2000 with Rhudel, the player can choose) // Alatar can use armies in battle if the ruler allows.
- Pallando: Taken by Bluekiller87 (Either 2000 with Dale OR 2000 with Rhudel, the player can choose) // Pallando can use armies in battle if the ruler allows
Both Alatar and Pallando can choose whether to aid the Free Peoples or to aid the Evil Side.
Pallando can NOT use mounts in battles
To become King of a specific faction, the interested faction must not have a King already, or he just must be inactive for a given amount of time. If such criteria have been fulfilled, you must have +1500 Alignment with the Faction that you wish to rule and you must build a city* which is approved by the Staff.
NOTE: The city requires an additional village, which means that the criteria for becoming King will include a city, village and +1500 alignment with the respective faction.
- Rohan: Taken by Tehinator
- Gondor: Taken by szytek
- Arnor: Taken by NONE
- Dale: Taken by NONE
- Dunland: [Destroyed]
- Dorwinion: Taken by NONE
- Taurethrim: Taken by NONE
- Morwaith: Taken by NONE
- Rhûdel: Taken by Emerald_Minestar
- Wainriders: Taken by NONE
- Umbar: Taken by NONE
- Haradrim: Taken by NONE
- Beornings: Taken by NONE
- Gulfings: Taken by NONE
- Khand: Taken by NONE
- Shire: Taken by NONE
- Lindon: Taken by NONE
- Woodland Realm: Taken by simsonmp
- Rivendell: Taken by NONE
- Lothlorien: Taken by NONE
- East-Lorien: Taken by NONE
- Avari: Taken by NONE
- Mordor: JARANO
- Dol Guldur: Dead Faction
- Gundabad: KingRandiu
- Isengard: LordVlagezda
- Angmar: Vegen
- Half-Trolls: Taken by NONE
Note: Kings with (vulnerable) can lose their throne without a previous civil war.
Roles & Activity
Roles, after 3 weeks of inactivity (Inactivity as defined by our metrics plugin requires at least 12 hours of active playtime in 3 weeks. This can be checked by running /plan ingame) without prior notice to staff with a reason, will get taken away and become vacant.